[SOLVED] Noisy laptop fan ?

Jan 31, 2022
I just replaced my dad's laptop fan but the fan Is still loud like it was before. The temps are 30c right now. I've tried going to bios and limiting the fans but there was no option there. I tried apps like speed fan but they didn't work. I went to power management and tried limiting CPU speed, didn't work. I updated bios and tried again but it didn't work. I'm not sure what the problem is. The old fan had crackling sound that's why we replaced it now the fan just sounds like it's working hard because of a CPU-intensive app. Any ideas?

Solution
Welcome to the forums newcomer!

Did you replace the fan with an exact model unit? Often times the models might match up but the design of the fans might be silently updated where you might need a Dremel to remove any excess material from the fans exterior, if the fans is brushing up against the innards of the laptop's chassis. Speaking of laptop's, you posted the thread in the laptop section but you've forgotten to mention the make and model of the laptop. Include an SKU for us as well.

As for your laptop's, what OS are you working with and what BIOS version are you currently on? Might want to also see what sort of app's are at Startup(assuming you're on Windows 10).

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums newcomer!

Did you replace the fan with an exact model unit? Often times the models might match up but the design of the fans might be silently updated where you might need a Dremel to remove any excess material from the fans exterior, if the fans is brushing up against the innards of the laptop's chassis. Speaking of laptop's, you posted the thread in the laptop section but you've forgotten to mention the make and model of the laptop. Include an SKU for us as well.

As for your laptop's, what OS are you working with and what BIOS version are you currently on? Might want to also see what sort of app's are at Startup(assuming you're on Windows 10).

Solution