Nokia 3589i Default Security Code

I just got a new 3589i today. The manual says the default security code is
12345. Doesn't work, neither does 11111 another common default.

Also how can I display the PRL on this phone?

rod

Slobby Don wrote:
:: I just got a new 3589i today. The manual says the default security
:: code is 12345. Doesn't work, neither does 11111 another common
:: default.
::
:: Also how can I display the PRL on this phone?

*#ver#

Slobby Don <reply@thru.ng> wrote:
> I just got a new 3589i today. The manual says the default security code is
> 12345. Doesn't work, neither does 11111 another common default.

12345 is the default on *all* Nokia models.

Don,

I also have a 3589i purchased a few weeks ago. With Verizon, the
default security code is a 4 digit (not 5 digit) number. Try either
1234 or 1111.

Scott

Rod wrote:
> Slobby Don wrote:
>>> I just got a new 3589i today. The manual says the default security
>>> code is 12345. Doesn't work, neither does 11111 another common
>>> default.

It's the lock code that doesn't go by the book (1234). It's the last four
digits of the phone number. The security code does.

>>> Also how can I display the PRL on this phone?
>
> *#ver#
Yes, *#837# works, thanx.

spurkbik201 wrote:
> Don,
>
> I also have a 3589i purchased a few weeks ago. With Verizon, the
> default security code is a 4 digit (not 5 digit) number. Try either
> 1234 or 1111.

It looks like a lock code to me, used for restricting the phone. My
security code was indeed 12345. The lock code was the last four digits of
the phone number which Verizon puts there when the phone is programmed.
There is a procedure on page 56 of the manual to change the security code,
but I found the last menu choice does not exist on my phone, even after
entering a correct lock code.

Menu/Settings/Security Settings/Access Codes

Could it be that Verizon does not want the code easily changed?