Nokia 3589i PC Connectivity Kit

Where can I get a Nokia 3589i PC Connectivity Kit? The store that sold me
the phone was able to quote me a price of $39.99, but had none in stock and
they are not yet available through VZW telesales.

Andrew

Slobby Don <reply@thru.ng> wrote:
: Where can I get a Nokia 3589i PC Connectivity Kit? The store that sold me
: the phone was able to quote me a price of $39.99, but had none in stock and
: they are not yet available through VZW telesales.

The "kit" is basically the DKU-5 cable to plug the phone into your
laptop's USB port. It comes with a CD with the software and drivers
you need, but you can get all this from their website for free. You
can order the cable from Nokia.com for about $50 or perhaps less if
you search around (some folks report success with eBay).

I use the cable for connecting my laptop to Verizon's 3G data network
and have used it to update my phone's phonebook, but you can't upload
ringtones to it with Nokia's software (intentionally disabled).
The MobiMB software supposedly allows you to upload ringtones, though.

I never have figured out how to get my 3589i to function as a fax
modem with this cable, FYI.

Andrew
--
----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----