Question Nokia 7 wifi Authentication/Connection Problem

clembez

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2012
Hi All

I have a very strange problem and hope someone can assist...

So, I have a Nokia 7 (not the plus) which is a China phone and cannot upgrade Android 7.1 which is fine. Im not a phone junky so Im good with that since I got for a good price.

However a couple weeks back I cannot connect properly to my home wifi. Other locations 'seem' to be fine. What happens is when I get home it doesnt always automatically connect to the wifi. I got to turn it on and off a couple times. Most of the time it tries to authenticate but then says "password may be incorrect". This is impossible because our other devices use the same password and the phone does connect eventually.

Another problem is, the connection just sometimes drops. It still shows Im connected to the wifi but no internet. I need to try reconnect which takes ages since it only says "password may be incorrect" and then "saved".

So to summarize: Phone takes multiple attempts to connect to wifi (give up lately and use LTE), password is correct even though it says "password may be incorrect", router has been restarted (google wifi), drops wifi connection from time to time, done factory resets and doesnt help (not gonna flash phone, my luck ill kill it), other wifi networks seems fine as I dont get this issue that I know of.

Please help if someone can. Its really strange and dont know what to do anymore. Only thing I can think of now is to factory reset the google wifi.