Nokia Admits Lumia 920 Video Wasn't Shot with Actual Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
call me a skeptic but if that reflection wasn't shown, Nokia wouldn't have said anything and would have kept as a video from the phone's camera...

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
You can see it's fake from miles away. Some scruffy, skinny hipster hanging out with such a hottie? With her being all enthusiastic and flirty? Unpossible.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Never underestimate the power of nerdrage.

Who cares? Every commercial showing how a product looks or accomplishes something is only ever a dramatization to indicate functionality. It's never the actual thing doing its actual function.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Bloob[/nom]Still most likely the best phone this year.[/citation]
Maybe, though that ATIV S from Samsung might be a solid contender as well.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]teh_chem[/nom]Never underestimate the power of nerdrage.Who cares? Every commercial showing how a product looks or accomplishes something is only ever a dramatization to indicate functionality. It's never the actual thing doing its actual function.[/citation]

there are a few phone comertials that use real phones, i know this because i trust the people who made the video to not lie.

that said, look at the "real" video... i would take the video on the left apposed to the right because its over all sharper, any of the jitteryness can be taken out in post, and if your video wanst worth going through post, you didnt film anything worthwhile.

I love the idea of a phone with a camera that could actually be described as "good", rather than "good, considering it's on a cell phone", but this Nokia kerfuffle is making me a little leery about going for the 920 (I'm already on the fence over the non-removable battery). I guess I'll have to wait and see...

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]i know this because i trust the people who made the video to not lie.[/citation]
You KNOW because you TRUST? Excuse me, but that's an antithesis. A naive one at that.

xkm1948

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
Still, Lumia 920 is an excellent phone. I'm tired of seeing apple's bored UI. Time to switch to Nokia or one one of the Android devices.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]outlw6669[/nom]Negative reporting on Nokia's newest WP8 devices before even running a story announcing the device?Biased journalism on Toms?What! No, never! -_-[/citation]
Totally, you beat me to it
A full 24 hours later than every other tech website in the world and the first article for Motorola is:-

Motorola launch 3 brand new Droid RAZR handsets

Whereas the first article for Nokia is:-

Nokia Admits Lumia 920 Video Wasn't Shot with Actual Phone

Impartial, look it up in the dictionary Tom's, because this is either negative towards Nokia or indirectly negative towards Microsoft, you really should have just posted a story about the 2 new handsets before opening with a broadside, but thanks for trying to make our minds up for us

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
So is Nokia encouraging me to both not wear a bike helmet and to use a handheld device while riding (both of which are illegal where I live)? Well if it gets an ugly hipster a hot chick then I guess its worth it.

subaru41

Feb 6, 2006
I don't know how the new 920 is, but the 900 Lumina was not comfortable to hold. It felt like the iPhone with the front screen popping out. Where is the ergonomic design and comfort.

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]Maybe, though that ATIV S from Samsung might be a solid contender as well.[/citation]
I just don't like metallic paints :F

bjaminnyc

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]teh_chem[/nom]Never underestimate the power of nerdrage.Who cares? Every commercial showing how a product looks or accomplishes something is only ever a dramatization to indicate functionality. It's never the actual thing doing its actual function.[/citation]

Good call. I've never received a pizza from Domino's that looks anything like the commercial.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]You KNOW because you TRUST? Excuse me, but that's an antithesis. A naive one at that.[/citation]

freddrew, i think it was a kung fu fight at at a beach, it wasn't to long ago.

hannibal

Distinguished
[citation][nom]jakes69[/nom]ur...what commercial isn't fake.[/citation]

So true, but it allways make me happy when the reality is same as commercial... But it is so rare thing to see that it belong allmost in the same category as Dodo!
That is why we needs sites and organizations that test these products! Like how many times we have seen that monitor contrast value is pure lie or when someone claims that normal autostereo can produce something like 50+50+50+50 wats of power, when the best theorethical calue is much, much smaller... *sigh* Commersial reading skill has to be subject in the primary school!

jakes69

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
[citation][nom]hannibal[/nom]So true, but it allways make me happy when the reality is same as commercial... But it is so rare thing to see that it belong allmost in the sam category as Dodo!That is why need sites and organizations that test these products! Like how many tomes we have seen that monitor contrast value is pure lie or when someone climes that normal autostereo can produce something like 50+50+50+50 wats of power, when the best theorethical calue is much, much smaller... *sigh* Commersial reading skill has to be subject in the primaly school![/citation]

That is why I'm so surprised so many tech sites are so all over this. This blunder belong in film school websites if anything.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
lol! felt the same thing.
seriously, first saw the vid without the man, and I thought it was shooting the girl from a car demonstrating the phones image stabilization.

[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]You can see it's fake from miles away. Some scruffy, skinny hipster hanging out with such a hottie? With her being all enthusiastic and flirty? Unpossible.[/citation]

Status
Not open for further replies.