Nokia Cutting 300 Jobs in IT Division

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekromobo

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
This was already known 1 year ago when they laid off the last round of people. Check how the share price didnt get affected by this news at all, shareholders already knew.

Also laid offs where focused on IT-department e.g. support operations, not for example R&D.
Less people, less to support.

G

Actually 820 Indians just got jobs :p The outsourced ones were transferred to two Indian consulting companies (HCL and Tata).

epdm2be

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
European welfare declines while asians keep getting exploited.

In the end all that creep Elop did was not getting "the firm back on track through Windows partnership" but through cost cutting, destruction of Nokia's native IP and massive job loss.

If I was shareholder I'd have hung him on the highest tree in Finland with his head on a stake on the highest mountain!

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Not surprising.

It's interesting to hear about their "Bridge" program--wonder how much resources are made available from this program to the employees they're letting go. I always have so much more respect for companies that do these sorts of things.

hytecgowthaman

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
why many Nokia mobiles causing malfunction (2011 ~ 2012)in just 3~6months ( 6mobiles dead in 1year for me ) .
customer care update the firmware again same problem raise in 4~6 days . so I'm move to samsung now.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Stop making just Windows Phone 8 phones....

Screw whatever deal you have with Microsoft, Nokia. You NEED Android phones, it doesn't matter how good people say WP8 is, obviously it's not enough for Nokia.

Status
Not open for further replies.