Nokia Lumia 2020 Tablet Rumored for Early 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

acasel

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
specs are good but the DOWNSIDE is its running Microsoft

If nokia had gone with the android route. they might have salvaged their company

sumitms

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
Please use Windows rt at least once before saying MS is downfall. I am sure your views will change. With 8.1 Microsoft has got everything right.

hannibal

Distinguished
I have used iTabs, Android devices and Windows tablets. No worry windows 8.1 is just fine tablet environment! They each have their good and bad points, but these new Nokia Tablets have really upped the Windows tablets in hardware aspect. Surface 2 is allso good but these have better screens (IMHO).
The operation system choise is difficult one. It depends on what you are going to do with your tablet. iPad just works! It is light, it has a good screen, a lot of apps, but it is expensive. Android tablets has more alternatives to chose from, so there is more competition even within. So is has been the economical choise. Windows based tablets have really good pre installed programs. The office pack makes Windows tablets allmost a laptop alternative. The bad thing is that there are not so many aps to chose from. I would really much like to see good music and video editing tools. But otherwise the gap is in practice really small.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
The problem I have with Windows RT currently is it has no support for doing anything cool. Its pretty much a Phone OS, but a different development path. I know Microsoft is working on making developers create an app for all 3 of their OSes, but the writing is pretty clear on the wall. Windows RT is an OS that is not really needed in the first place.

The other problem I think Microsoft will face on these is their carrier of choice. It will most likely be AT&T which will be gimping their market. They are purposely limiting their customer base who would probably buy Nokia based products but cant because they refuse to use AT&T. I can understand different cell tower standards, but limiting T-Mobile to me from a business that wants to grow makes no sense.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
The 2520 sure would be a lot more appealing if it had Bay Trail or Kabini running full 8.1.

These specs were high end at the beginning of last year. (Aside form the S800) Now they're midrange at best and priced in iPad territory. Will not sell.....

The only explanation for the existence of RT is Microsoft's desire for app store revenue and a closed app ecosystem controlled entirely by them.

16bit

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
You can do so much more with RT from a productivity standpoint than ios or android. I would rather Nokia use the intel Atom (bay trail) with full windows 8.1 but RT is not bad. My only problem with RT is I can't have google chrome.

I think RT is almost good enough to be a laptop replacement. It can do 90% of the things I want to do on a laptop minus Photoshop and some light gaming.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I agree. Windows RT is Windows 8 for tablets. But my theory is that if Microsoft desperately wants that precious ad store revenue that they get rid of the traditional Windows desktop. If they want a tablet interface, they make a tablet OS. If they want the traditional Windows desktop, keep the traditional Windows desktop. But don't confuse the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.