Nokia Pits Lumia 928 Camera Against Galaxy S3, iPhone 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMadFapper

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Great phone, terrible OS. I had a 920 and it was really sleek and the white ones look retro. Too bad it would lock up all the time, couldn't receive MMS, multitasking is non-existent, apps and app store is terrible (searches for "Notepad" brings up random garbage in the top 10 hits)..I couldn't stand it.

daveola1

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
Had a few lockup at first with mine. After the new firmware update, not one problem. We love our 920's and the OS.

G

Your excuses are poor, never had a problem with locking up on my 920, I don't use MMS so I wouldn't know, hold the back arrow and you can revisit all your apps that haven't been closed, and the app store isn't the greatest but has improved greatly especially over this past month or so with lots of big names

donovands

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I just got a 920 a week ago. I'm really quite impressed. Zero issues, smooth operation and I'm really not seeing what the negative fuss is about Windows Phone 8. I haven't found anywhere it's lacking. Sure, there are less apps available for it than Google play or the Apple app store but there's more than enough. I have found apps to do everything I'd like to. And the kicker? MS Office built in. Excel, Powerpoint, Word. And yes, the camera is great.

techy74

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
TheMadFapper , May 8, 2013 5:29 PM
Great phone, terrible OS. I had a 920 and it was really sleek and the white ones look retro. Too bad it would lock up all the time, couldn't receive MMS, multitasking is non-existent, apps and app store is terrible (searches for "Notepad" brings up random garbage in the top 10 hits)..I couldn't stand it.
Well I have a 920, I can't recall a 'lock-up', I recieve and send plenty of MMS (both static and moving), I have had no problem with the app store.
Great phone ad a good screen size.
Looking forward to see what nokia do to improve a great phone.

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
Why does the 928 take such poor quality pictures close up? One of the more frequent uses I have for a camera is when repairing a piece of equipment. I need to take a picture of something that is small and I can not read, or is at an odd angle so I can get a serial number or license key. with the old Thunderbolt from Verizon I was using before getting the 928, it was easy, clear, and I could zoom in to see the details. with the 928 I can not get a focus close enough to read the numbers. I was really looking forward to getting the 928, but this makes me want to go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.