Nokia Teases New Phone, Tablet, and Even Notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
"it wouldn't be surprising to see a Windows RT 8.1 notebook to compete against Google's Chromebooks"

Seeing as RT has sold 5 times more in less than half the time, surely it is Chromebooks are competing with RT and failing?

I wish that it is not Windows RT and instead a full fledged Windows 8 x86 version.

I mean why is Microsoft not killing the Windows 8 RT. It just does not make any sense because the x86 chips are not much less power consuming than ever. Look at AMD Kabini and Intel Atom and Celerons, they can make up a good enough tablet when paired with Windows 8 full version.

Microsoft, please I hope it is Windows 8 full version, otherwise this product would also be a fail just because no one wants to use the apps from Windows store made for ARM chips. They just aren't able to compete with Android.

dvo

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
Is the 6.7 mp camera in the tablet a typo? Wouldn't they just use the 8.7mp already being used in their phones?

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
I picked up the 1020 from Rogers Canada. I am actually happy with the OS. I wish though, you could get Samsung Mobile Print from the market place. ...

hp360

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
RT is just so pointless, AMD Temash can run Windows 8 with no problem while using <4.5W, and also still waiting for a quad core Temash hybrid with Turbo Dock, very surprising how nothing has surfaced so far especially how well prototype was received at CES.
And about that laptop, two things are weird about it:
1) It seams to have a 11.6 16X10 display, which although common on android tablets is alsmost never seen on a laptop (other than old ones) made by anyone other than apple.
2} That hinge is very weird for a laptop. Maybe it might be a convertible, but that the bezels don't add up and the hinge itself looks cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.