Nokia Unveils Massive New Lumia 1520 and 1320 Phablets

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
If Apple introduced a new phone at $749 all the people would say they are a bunch of greedy $#@!#$. But since it is Nokia (or anyone else not named Apple) I guess it is ok.

DarkSideOfTheEarth

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
for maddad:

The iPhone costs as much as this phone yet it has a smaller screen. Smaller screen resolution. Smaller battery. Smaller camera. If Apple made an iPhone with the exact same specs, it would cost well over 1000$ dollars.

etk

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
Looks like a pretty decent phone. I'd probably pay $450 for it, since it would cost me $100+ in app rebuy's, etc to switch from android. $750 is crazy, a Note 3 costs less than that. If Microsoft wants any significant market share, they need to start selling hardware at cost, and eat development costs, otherwise, they're stuck in a death spiral of no one buying there stuff because of lack of support because no one buys there stuff. The pain would only last a couple of years, unlike supporting all the development for the next 10 years while not getting any market share. This isn't rocket science, it's the same thing that just happened with the surface. I'm not sure how the powers that be don't get this.

g-unit1111

Titan

Do people not get how contracts work? The 64GB iPhone without a contract actually *IS* $799, but a 2 year contract shaves $400 off the price tag, putting it in the $399 price tag that Apple specifies. Just like every other phone on the market.

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-iphone/iphone5s

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Finally they build a phone for a MAN. No more girly 4.3" phones that fit in the hands of teenage girls. This one consumes a full-sized man's hands.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Maddad, those are off-contract prices - take a 2 year contract with phone, then compare against a sim-only 2 year contract - that is the cost of your contract subsidised handset

g-unit1111

Titan

You should see how huge my HTC One is compared to my old iPhone 4S. :lol:

16bit

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
A friend of mine just got the 1520 so I got the chance to play around with it. It has a huge presence when sitting on the table, but surprisingly is comfortable for one handed use. The 1520 also manages to fit in mens pants pockets. It seemed very fast and the screen is beautiful. Didn't get a chance to use the camera but I would assume its great just like the camera on my lumia 920. If you do a lot of reading on your phone this would be a great phone for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.