Nokia's Got A UK Event At 9am Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Confirmed, it's the 625, still not as good as the Ativ S and that is a 10 month old phone with the same hardware as a 14 month old phone. The flagship phones are good, but this is midrange at best now and certainly not worthy of a press event. I really hoped it would be all about a Nokia Tablet.

Right, this is a new low end device... but it is a low end device with a big screen while keeping it's low end price. This is probably not going to be a big seller in the US, but it may well be a big deal in other parts of the world where people want a large cheap phone which doubles as a media playback device. In the very least it will be an interesting device.

Mike Friesen

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
Yup, my 2011 mid-end device (,xperia u) has just about those same specs. Dual core a9's, 512MB ram, 5 mp camera. I mean they could all be slightly better versions, but most of it is very similar.

ArpenteurDeToile

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013
Why everyone seems to be on 625?
It is the journalist assumption, but maybe Nokia will finally show something really big as a tablet.
It's been a while since we hear about it, and it could be a lot of other things. Nokia have a big R&D department, they have the capability to get something bigger than a low-end phone, so I guess the best is to wait and see, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.