Nokia's Lumia 610 Hits UK (But it Won't Run Skype)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
[citation][nom]HopelessNoob[/nom]i think i'll stick with my android[/citation]
... and i stick to my iOS... and we both are better of...

phamhlam

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]it seems like garbage to me, the hardware is waaaay toooo outdated[/citation]

Are you stupid? The phone isn't meant to be some high end smartphone that can compete with the Nexus or S3. It is meant for the masses that can't afford expensive phones but still want something ususable. The Lumia 610 is probably smoother than your phone just because it is a Windows Phone.

scrumworks

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]it seems like garbage to me, the hardware is waaaay toooo outdated[/citation]

You seem like garbage to me. Typical iPhone user i presume. Budget phones are not using highest end components, comprende?

lassik

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
I'm an Android user plus I use iOS on my iPad, but I played a Lumia 810 last week and Windows on it is very, very good. If it wasn't for its lacking market place, I would switch in a heartbeat.

Just because it's a Windows Phone, don't write it off before trying it. Plus it flies, and is so fluid, even with a single core CPU.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Why can't Angry Birds run on 256MB RAM? Even Quake 2 ran on less than that!

lol. More appropriately, i think it should run because it runs on my ipod touch, which also has 256MB ram (usable amount is lower).

IIRC the reason it can't run those games is because of that native vs managed code stuff. Though seeing that Angry Birds can run on Chrome i don't even see why that's a problem.

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
Lack of Skype is more likely due to lack of front facing camera and/or single core CPU. There's several Android phones with same or very similar specs (512MB RAM) that both do and don't support Skype, or support only voice calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.