[SOLVED] Non-Astro Headset w/ Astro Gen 1 Mixamp Pro Causing Mic Feedback

Oct 25, 2020
For example, I'd be listening to music and even though there is no audio leaking through the headphones, people can at certain volumes hear what I am listening to. Or also hear feedback from a game I am playing if the sounds are too loud. I understand that this is likely a line issue where the cords are not separated well enough, and I am asking more accurately if a splitter cable (aux/mic) will solve this feedback issue. Or if this Mixamp Pro is even capable of splitting the signal.

https://help.astrogaming.com/hc/en-us/articles/360031104431-MixAmp-Pro (link to the mixamp I'm using).

Headphones are Cooler Master MH752's with a usb dongle (that I do not like at all, detachable mic).

Windows 10
Asus Z87 Motherboard
Realtek audio drivers, with seemingly no echo cancellation option.

I'm either stumped or I need a splitter cable, but I'll bank on an answer from helpers first.

Solution
How far away the cords are has 0 bearing here. They don't leak audio, what you may get is distortion and crackling or buzzing if there was a crosstalk or interference issue with the cables. Did you update the device to the latest firmware it has out for it?
How far away the cords are has 0 bearing here. They don't leak audio, what you may get is distortion and crackling or buzzing if there was a crosstalk or interference issue with the cables. Did you update the device to the latest firmware it has out for it?

Solution