(non-gaming headset) Headphones for gaming (closed-back and portable)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igor Kaluzny

Reputable
Jun 8, 2015
Hi,
I am looking for a pair of closed-back headphones with a decent soundstage and that are portable and comfortable.

I was thinking about :
DT-770- unfortunately they are not portable at all (in terms of size).
ATH m40x - soundstage not quite good

What would you recommend me?
Price range: 80$ - 140$

Thank you for your help.

Solution
Heyo Igor Kaluzny

If I'd have to throw in my two cents, I'd say probably look at the m40x's once again. Put on some hm5 pads and you'll notice that the sounds stage will increase. Using them as portable headphones myself and quite enjoy them. I've used the DT770's as portables once as well, however rather use these, since there's no modding needed to actually make them portable.

If you want to go even further with the portability something like the Sennhesier ie80's will do you nicely.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-High-Fidelity-Ear-Canal-Headphones-iOS-White/dp/B005N8W27I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504183058&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+ie80
They're a great pair of IEM's and should make your listening experience quite good.
Cheers.

True Buie

Honorable
Aug 29, 2016
Heyo Igor Kaluzny

If I'd have to throw in my two cents, I'd say probably look at the m40x's once again. Put on some hm5 pads and you'll notice that the sounds stage will increase. Using them as portable headphones myself and quite enjoy them. I've used the DT770's as portables once as well, however rather use these, since there's no modding needed to actually make them portable.

If you want to go even further with the portability something like the Sennhesier ie80's will do you nicely.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-High-Fidelity-Ear-Canal-Headphones-iOS-White/dp/B005N8W27I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504183058&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+ie80
They're a great pair of IEM's and should make your listening experience quite good.
Cheers.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.