Question Non-Grounded House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2022
Hello! My house isnt grounded and today i built my first pc!
It work but it shocks me when i touch USB ports or hdmi and all the slots.. First i thought the power supply is broken but i decided to go at a friend house and try to power it there.. It worked and didn't shocked me...
Is it ok if i use it like this? in an un-grounded house? Is it safe? will it burn my pc?

Wolfshadw

Titan
It's not safe to even live in that house, dude... how old is it, even, because I'm pretty sure there are regulations in place for that...

My sister's house is like this; built in 1947. She hasn't had any issues and neither have I (when I house sit). That said, if she ever off loaded it to me, the first thing I'd do is have an electrician come in and re-wire/ground the entire house.

@MiraclePro - At the very least, call an electrician to come in and ground at least one outlet near where your computer resides.

-Wolf sends

KyaraM

Admirable
My sister's house is like this; built in 1947. She hasn't had any issues and neither have I (when I house sit). That said, if she ever off loaded it to me, the first thing I'd do is have an electrician come in and re-wire/ground the entire house.

@MiraclePro - At the very least, call an electrician to come in and ground at least one outlet near where your computer resides.

-Wolf sends
It's still a gamble on your life. I would at least try to convince to ground at least some outlets.

Status
Not open for further replies.