[SOLVED] non k i5 3470

OldSchoolGamer462

Prominent
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, sorry if my thread is bad and stuff its just my first time posting

i have a dell 7010 with an overclocked gt 730 fermi ddr3 of 2gb and an extra ssd with a new pc case, ive seen a lot of people are overclocking this non k i5 3470 to 4ghz and sometimes 4,1 to 4,2. And you wonder now whats my problem? i have a stock motherboard which is the OKRC95 which has no oc options in the bios, is there any alternative way to overcock my cpu?

Solution

i have a dell 7010 with an overclocked gt 730 fermi ddr3 of 2gb and an extra ssd with a new pc case, ive seen a lot of people are overclocking this non k i5 3470 to 4ghz and sometimes 4,1 to 4,2. And you wonder now whats my problem? i have a stock motherboard which is the OKRC95 which has no oc options in the bios, is there any alternative way to overcock my cpu?

Nope... you have an OEM Dell motherboard with a very limited BIOS.

They removed all OCing options from their BIOS for a reason... the board power delivery is not up to par.

Also, the I5-3470 is a locked chip... you maybe able to BCLK OC(on a proper motherboard I might add, not yours), but you...

They removed all OCing options from their BIOS for a reason... the board power delivery is not up to par.

Also, the I5-3470 is a locked chip... you maybe able to BCLK OC(on a proper motherboard I might add, not yours), but you can often run into problems with these non-k models by doing it.

Conclusion: there's no way that you'll be able to OC on your motherboard period, even if you had a K series chip.

Solution

OldSchoolGamer462

Prominent
Apr 5, 2020

Also, the I5-3470 is a locked chip... you maybe able to BCLK OC(on a proper motherboard I might add, not yours), but you can often run into problems with these non-k models by doing it.

Conclusion: there's no way that you'll be able to OC on your motherboard period, even if you had a K series chip.
do you have any suggestinos about an lga 1155 motherboard neither used nor new that i can find and can overclock from the bios because in greece i canteven find used motherboards anymore and i am tired of searching to be honest

do you have any suggestinos about an lga 1155 motherboard neither used nor new that i can find and can overclock from the bios because in greece i canteven find used motherboards anymore and i am tired of searching to be honest

What is the form factor for that Optiplex 7010... MT or SFF?

I don't really see OCing worth it on a locked chip even if you had a motherboard that could do it... buying a new motherboard just for attempting OCing a locked intel chip is just a waste of money.

OldSchoolGamer462

Prominent
Apr 5, 2020
What is the form factor for that Optiplex 7010... MT or SFF?

I don't really see OCing worth it on a locked chip even if you had a motherboard that could do it... buying a new motherboard just for attempting OCing a locked intel chip is just a waste of money.
i agree with you but i never wanted a motherboard just to oc, i always wanted a new motherboard because i never liked that OEM motherboard in terms of bios, of its number of specific ports, appearance and a BIG problem that its way different than others on the pins to put the cables for the led, restard button, shut off/on button because it was differently on its case, i can only put the shut off/on cable and the pc recognises it but at the same time it doesnt,it works but at when the pc boots it says no cable is connected. But i gotta say the ram slots and the pcie slots and extension slots are fine. To get back to the point i always felt like i needed a motherboard upgrade