non optimal ram positions,is it bad?

Tomatoes

Honorable
Feb 1, 2016
My motherboard is asrock z370 pro 4. In the manual it says that I should first populate A2 and B2 slots. But the person who built my pc has put them in b1 and B2 .How bad is it? Should I try to change them? Will the performance gain be noticeable ? Thanks for your time

Solution
Run CPUID, click on the Memory tab, and check it's in dual channel. If it is, you're good to go. If it's in single channel you need to change one of the dimms into one of the other slots. Normally the one closest to the cpu is populated first and then the third one away from the CPU, whatever numbering they may be (it's different on other mobo's) Your mobo manual will tell you clearly which ones.

Run CPUID, click on the Memory tab, and check it's in dual channel. If it is, you're good to go. If it's in single channel you need to change one of the dimms into one of the other slots. Normally the one closest to the cpu is populated first and then the third one away from the CPU, whatever numbering they may be (it's different on other mobo's) Your mobo manual will tell you clearly which ones.

Solution