[SOLVED] Non-touchscreen HP Laptop showing up as touchscreen model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2021
I bought an HP laptop (Model #X7W84UA#ABA, on the back of the computer) back around 2014. It was not a touchscreen then (as far as I knew) and according to Windows it is definitely not a touchscreen now. According to HP, that model number (X7W84UA) is only a touchscreen laptop (15-AY014DX (TOUCH)). And that item description (15-ay014dx) is also on the back of my computer.

I want to know if I am locating the correct product. Did HP use the same product numbers for multiple laptops? And why isn't the non-touchscreen version listed or identified on the HP website? Does this make any sense to anyone?

Jun 22, 2021
Okay, thanks. Any idea why the non-touch model does not appear on HP's support site? I'm trying to find out if this laptop has reached end of lifecycle or if it is still being actively supported with patches/drivers/updates/etc.

Jun 22, 2021
it is 5 gen old.

look like they have windows 10 drivers. Other then secruity, I would say if it ain't broke, don't mess with it.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver...ebook-pc-series-touch/10862302/model/13109430
That's kind of my concern: that link specifies the "Touch" version; would those updates work for my non-touch version?

And in terms of security and vulnerabilities, I'm concerned that I won't know whether it's broke or not (until it's too late). I try to keep all my systems updated as much as I can, but it's hard when the manufacturer doesn't appear to recognize the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.