Question non-working monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2020
Hey guys,
I have one pretty weird question about monitors, but trust me I don't mind to make any damage to anyone or anything. My father owns my old monitor which used to take some time while turning on (sometimes it's more than 20 minutes). He recently told me that he has on the mind to replace it pretty soon, so it means I will get the new one. So my question is: What's the easiest way to make that monitor not working (Model: Acer AL2416W). I can't like just unplug the cable, because he will see that. I thought about removing one Capacitor from the signal converter panel, but don't know if is it safe.

Looking forward to any advice

Reactions: Liisel007

USAFRet

Titan
Hey guys,
I have one pretty weird question about monitors, but trust me I don't mind to make any damage to anyone or anything. My father owns my old monitor which used to take some time while turning on (sometimes it's more than 20 minutes). He recently told me that he has on the mind to replace it pretty soon, so it means I will get the new one. So my question is: What's the easiest way to make that monitor not working (Model: Acer AL2416W). I can't like just unplug the cable, because he will see that. I thought about removing one Capacitor from the signal converter panel, but don't know if is it safe.

Looking forward to any advice
You want to artificially but restorably kill the monitor, to influence your dad to buy a new one?

Yeah, we don't do that around here.

Closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.