Question Non-Working RX 480 Help!

neetesh6499

Honorable
Dec 5, 2014
Hey all, so I've got this non working GPU - I’ve been trying to troubleshoot it so when I try to turn on the PC red + blue light blinks above the power inlet & the whole pc doesn’t start. The CPU is i5-4440 (has integrated)so works fine without the GPU. I may be wrong but usually red light blinking means the gpu is receiving power & blue means gpu isn’t receiving any power. But I’m confused since this blinks both. The blink happens initially when I try to turn on the PC after the initial try, It doesn’t blink anything when trying to turn it on ( you can hear in the video ). The info I have on the gpu is that the power supply fried out damaging the GPU . I've attached photos, the two areas where I can see some issue is near the power inlet & another black capacitor on the back? That most likely is the damaged area. Could I possibly try out some things that could maybe revive the card? I don't wanna bake it just yet & keep that as the last option.

Photos + Video: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HvjzGRMLkFAl2MnhTOr7tx_oi5xmbZAM?usp=sharing

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS