None Hidden Files & Folders are Hidden From View

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I recently did a clean install on Windows 10. I've updated my drivers, downloaded some games, even made some system restore points. I installed Steam & it killed my internet, making connections to the Internet, Dropbox, sporadic though my RPD client seemed unphased..I think it has to do with Steams UDP request overwhelming my Comcast modem. Anyways, so I did a system restore prior to installing steam and fixed the problems, I have great internet again. The problem I am now having is that I check my downloads folder on Windows 10 and my previous downloads are not there, so I redownload them. Now I have all these new downloads showing up as programinstaller.exe (1), as if there's already a file with the exact same name in that folder. Sure enough I was going to reinstall steam, the installer was not visible, but doing a folder search it shows up.

Can someone tell me how I can see all of the files in my folders, it's going to drive me bonkers having files that I can't see. I have hidden files checked to be shown.

Solution
Hi, try this,
Go to Start --> Run, then type Regedit
2. Navigate to the registry folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\
CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHO WALL
3. Find a key called CheckedValue.
4. Double Click CheckedValue key and modify it to 1.

7malligk

Reputable
May 4, 2015
Hi, try this,
Go to Start --> Run, then type Regedit
2. Navigate to the registry folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\
CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHO WALL
3. Find a key called CheckedValue.
4. Double Click CheckedValue key and modify it to 1.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.