[SOLVED] None of my games use Fullscreen Optimizations

danieljg

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2012
For anyone that doesn't know Windows 10 should automatically run fullscreen games in a borderless windowed mode for faster ALT+TABing which they call Fullscreen Optimizations, but for some reason I've noticed that Windows has stopped running any of my games in this mode. I've tried Googling a solution but the only posts I can find are from people that hate this feature and want to disable it, but I would like the convenience of being able to ALT+TAB without my games crashing. Anyone know what the problem might be? Thanks.

Solution
Update your post to include full system specs and OS version information.

What games are you playing?

Any keyboard re-mappings or customizations?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Either one or both tools may be capturing some error code, warning, or informational event just prior to or at the time of the crashes.

= = = =

What you can do:

Manually reinstall keyboard drivers and GPU drivers.

Repair possible file corruption: run "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system specs and OS version information.

What games are you playing?

Any keyboard re-mappings or customizations?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Either one or both tools may be capturing some error code, warning, or informational event just prior to or at the time of the crashes.

= = = =

What you can do:

Manually reinstall keyboard drivers and GPU drivers.

Repair possible file corruption: run "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs

Solution