[SOLVED] none of my games work

jojocheezberger

Prominent
May 19, 2018
I am running a gtx 780ti and I tried to run a few games today, only to have errors for every game. (osu!, Overwatch, Destiny 2, and Fortnite) They all seemed to be drivers related so I tried to update my drivers. Unfortunately, that also gave me an error without any code or explanation. I went to Nvidia's website to get the drivers also to no avail (no code or apparent reason). I tried re-seating my gpu in case it wasn't all the way in as a last ditch effort and nothing works still. I believe all my specs are listed on my profile but if not I can provide them.

Solution
Sounds like some kind of major corruption. Run a virus scan to be sure it isn't a virus. Then run Malwarebytes to be sure it isn't some badly written malware corrupting the system. Follow that with a CCleaner run (Clean and Registry both) to clean up any software conflicts.

After all that maybe start disabling stuff in your tray that is running in the background to see if one of them is conflicting with the games or Steam. In fact, maybe do a Steam integrity check.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Sounds like some kind of major corruption. Run a virus scan to be sure it isn't a virus. Then run Malwarebytes to be sure it isn't some badly written malware corrupting the system. Follow that with a CCleaner run (Clean and Registry both) to clean up any software conflicts.

After all that maybe start disabling stuff in your tray that is running in the background to see if one of them is conflicting with the games or Steam. In fact, maybe do a Steam integrity check.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS