None Of my GPU drivers are working.

Feb 7, 2019
So im having the most annoying problem for a while now, to cut a long story short, literaly none of my Nividia drivers works and i really got no idea what to do now, so let me tell what i know and what i did up until now to see if anyone can help me.

I got a very modest setup but works for me. The CPU it's a AMD Phenom X4 965 the graphics card it a EVGA GTX 560, got one stick of 4GB DDR3 Kingston, the MOBO a ASUS M5A78L-M/usb3, the power supply its a Corsair CX600, and my monitor its a Samsung SyncMaster BX2350 that i connected via VGA with adapter to DVI on the graphics card end. i builded this PC a while ago and i know how to do the maintenance, and with the exception of a MOBO replacement nothing ever gave me any problem (hardware wise).

So about a Year ago i had this strange problem, that all of the sudden my games were lagging and stuttering really badly, to a point that if i removed my Card and run the game on the APU i would actually have a better performance (5 or 8 fps more) i search about it and it sounded like Overheating, however i remembered that windows had updated the last day so i install a previous driver version and bam! everything works just like before.
So fastfoward to a month ago my PC starts to freeze if i try to start a game and even after i press the windows button, so figured it out i must be the drivers again. however downloading drivers from random dates wasn't getting me anywere so decided to go crazy and did as follows.

From the EVGA site https://br.evga.com/support/download/ you can download every driver for the graphics card, and so i did download every single driver and tried every single one of them. My methodology was very simple, I started with a fresh install of windows and then let update itself, and all of the test was made in the 1809 version of windows 10 pro, i disconected from the internet and install the driver from the oldest to newest, if a driver didn't work i removed using DDU in safe mode. my test was to check if the windows bar flicked after a pressed the windows button and if CS:GO started and runed normaly.

The Drivers 530.30 ( 22/06/2015) all the way to the 378.92 (03/20/2017) had the flickering on the windows button pressing problem, and would give me a black screen after started CS:GO and restarted the PC soon after (in one or two cases the PC freezed even on the windows button test)

On the Drivers 381.65 (04/06/2017) to the 388.71 (12/20/2017) the lagging and stutering problem when running games come back, the flickering on the windows button pressing stoped, and the PC no longer freezes or restarts it self, the games run, very very poorly but still, they run.

The final five drivers 390.65 (01/08/2018) to the 391.35 (03/27/2018) gave me this really annoying error 43, that for what i searched could be a PCIe problem, but if it was why would the Video card be detectable on other drivers?.

so that's what i did in the past three days, and im really in a lost , can a faulty graphics card give such a broad range of different problems only based on the drivers change, if all of my drivers dosent work it's a "driver" problem or a windows one? does anyone else still uses a GTX560? if so do you have this kind of problem? anyways sorry for this bible that i just wrote, but i really busted my ass with this problem and simply got nowhere, thanks for your atencion, and sorry again, for the inumerous amount of misspelling this must have, english it's not my first language.

Feb 7, 2019

Do you mean the windows Device manager? if so it's the 388.13 that windows update automatically installs.