Question None of my PC now installs windows 10

Jul 21, 2024
So, a very strange problem happened to me. It's been more than 2 months and I still haven't find a solution: I went on a holiday at half July, before that, my PC worked perfectly fine. When I came back, I went to pickup some 120GB Kingston SSDs. When I returned home, for some reason and for avoiding important data loss, I decided to install windows on one of the 120gb SSDs I picked up hours before. Keep in mind that I wanted to reinstall windows for a while, but NOT because the PC had issues. The only issues where some drivers installed incorrectly. So I installed windows 11, but I soon realized I wanted to switch back to 10, and when I went to start the installation, the Mobo started blasting "grub" errors. I never installed Linux on that system, for what I remember, but when this problem happened, I didn't cared much and I left the PC off for about one more month. When last week I tried to solve the problem, the "grub" problem was gone, but this time I couldn't complete windows installation. I completely wiped the SSD and other things, but to short a bit this post, I even tried building a system with different PSU, GPU, CPU, SSD and Mobo, and it still wouldn't complete the installation. The only thing I didn't changed were the ram sticks. Today I also changed them, but the problem IS STILL THERE, I didn't tried the ram in every system I have home, just in the principal, since the problem was maintained in all PCs. So, after a long explanation, can someone help me?

PC SPECS:
CPU FX 8320E
Various configuration and Gabs of DDR3 ram
Kingston 120GB ( not 128 ) SSD, and I even tried mechanical HDD
PSU Silverstone 400w, I don't know the exact model
GPU 1060 ROG stix 6gb
Mobo ga-78lmt-usb3 r2

I SPECIFY THAT I TRIED INSTALL WINDOWS WITH DIFFERENT USBs, and with both Rufus and media creation tool, new fresh copies of them just downloaded from Microsoft site. I also SPECIFY that the grub problem is not a problem anymore, because as written before, the error is no longer showing.

Ralston18

Titan
If the 120GB SSD's are being used to simply store data they do not need to have Windows installed.

Windows would be/should be installed only on the the boot drive (C : ) and the other drives would be assigned other drive letters by Windows or by you if you chose to assign specific drive letters. Or names for that matter.

For the most part, a Windows boot drive should be at least 256GB.

Use a SSD of at least that size and do a clean windows reinstall.