None of my recording devices are working, I have tried:

Uninstalling
searching for new drivers
restarting my computer
system restore
updating windows
unplugging and plugging back in
disabling and enabling default device

I am able to hear myself when I check "Listen to this device". I'm just not getting any bars and no one is able to hear me. I know the microphone works because I have tried it on different windows machine and it works just fine so I am being led to believe it might be a windows 10 problem. Is there anything I haven't tried?

Reactions: deedz
Solution

I had a similar problem, someone on this forum told me to go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone and enable the switch to allow the apps to access it. That worked for me! I believe I was in...

Open Microphone properties
Click the Advance tab
Check 'Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device'

May 19, 2018

I had a similar problem, someone on this forum told me to go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone and enable the switch to allow the apps to access it. That worked for me! I believe I was in the same position as you, I felt like I had tried everything. But the sneaky privacy settings were in the way!

Solution

Collin Ashbaugh

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015
I had a similar problem, someone on this forum told me to go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone and enable the switch to allow the apps to access it. That worked for me! I believe I was in the same position as you, I felt like I had tried everything. But the sneaky privacy settings were in the way![/quotemsg]

I actually saw a video before this comment but that did exactly it! Thank you so much, you nearly saved me from a complete reinstall of windows 10!

Dec 28, 2019
None of my recording devices are working, I have tried:

Uninstalling
searching for new drivers
restarting my computer
system restore
updating windows
unplugging and plugging back in
disabling and enabling default device

I am able to hear myself when I check "Listen to this device". I'm just not getting any bars and no one is able to hear me. I know the microphone works because I have tried it on different windows machine and it works just fine so I am being led to believe it might be a windows 10 problem. Is there anything I haven't tried?
<<< THANK YOU>>> I WAS AT WITS END>>> >> how could i reset everything and still not have any mics.. Privact setting good one!!! wish i had figured it out before I reboot. Microsoft should refresh to default settings after resetting what a pain.. thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.