[SOLVED] None of the DisplayPorts work on my PC

Jul 7, 2020
Hello! I bought a new custom built pc from a guy on craigslist about a year ago, and after using it a bit, I've noticed that none of the DisplayPorts work. There is one HDMI port that works perfectly, but when I plug in a DP cable it is like it isn't even plugged in at all, and neither the monitor nor the pc detects anything being connected. If anyone knows how I can fix this please LMK, thanks!

Specs:
Evga Geforce GTX 1080 TI

Intel i7 6700k

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 RAM

MSI Z170A SLI PLUS Motherboard

Solution
Where are you plugging it into? The motherboard port or one on the GPU?
Not all monitors switch to the active input automatically so make sure your monitor is set to Display port also.
Jul 20, 2020
I got the exact same issue. I have a Geforce GTX 1070. I used to have one monitor plugged into DVI and my HTC Vive plugged into one of the display ports. I would then leave my computer for days (not doing that again), and then come back to discover several blackouts had occurred. The computer would be normally turned off (but always plugged in) but was sometimes in hibernation.

After a while i found my Vive screen just stopped working. I switched the cable to the other display ports but it didn't work, and i thought my Vive was broken. Then i tried using the Vive via the remaining HDMI port and it worked. Now i want to use two monitors and my Vive so i need one DVI, one HDMI and one DisplayPort.

Is it possible that any surge from the blackouts could affect ALL display ports?

Jul 20, 2020
It detected that HDMI was in, but then it came up with No signal (I have HMDI to DisplayPort from that monitor). I also cycled through all the inputs just in case, but nothing. It seems to detect that somethings plugged in though.

Is it possible that it's the cable, actually? Can surges affect Cables?