Noob asking for help OC GPU, CPU

Feb 27, 2018
SPECS: GPU: RX 460 4GB SAPPHIRE says on the box its OC but dunno its low kind of since all my friends rock 1800 or 3900 on GPU clock.
CPU: FX 8300 BLACK EDITION WITH A GOOD COOLER
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0
PSU: XSILENCE 500W
I need help to OC my GPU and CPU what program should I use what should I clock it to should I even clock it cause it says on box OC don't know Using the pc mainly for gaming and internet browsing other some school work business

Solution
If you have a factory overclocked videocard it already has a higher frequency than normal. Also i can't really tell you what frequency to set cpu and gpu to because it is different for every chip, some overclock better than others. Overclocking takes a lot of time too. For GPU overclocking use MSI Afterburner download unigine valley and run unigine valley without any overclock. Check temperatures and see if they are okay.

---------------
90°C+ = TOO HOT
80-90°C = Hot
70-80°C = Warm
60-70°C = Cool
Lower than 60°C = Very cool
---------------

If temperatures are around 70°C or lower you have enough headroom for overclocking. First start increasing the base clock (Core clock) with increments of 50 mhz. Watch out for high temperatures and...

wesleyh2003

Prominent
Nov 25, 2017
If you have a factory overclocked videocard it already has a higher frequency than normal. Also i can't really tell you what frequency to set cpu and gpu to because it is different for every chip, some overclock better than others. Overclocking takes a lot of time too. For GPU overclocking use MSI Afterburner download unigine valley and run unigine valley without any overclock. Check temperatures and see if they are okay.

---------------
90°C+ = TOO HOT
80-90°C = Hot
70-80°C = Warm
60-70°C = Cool
Lower than 60°C = Very cool
---------------

If temperatures are around 70°C or lower you have enough headroom for overclocking. First start increasing the base clock (Core clock) with increments of 50 mhz. Watch out for high temperatures and artifacts, artifacts and crashes are signs of unstability. Since you're a beginner i recommend keeping your hands of core voltage as it's more dangerous. Once you have reached your target overclock for core clock you can start overclocking the memory clock. Follow the same steps as the core clock. I recommend doing your gpu first since cpu overclocking is a bit more complicated and plays with more factors of issues.

Solution