Question Noob here - How to set PBO 2 for ASRock B650 PG Lightning?

timeToSleepNow

Reputable
Jan 20, 2021
Hi! I'm new to overclocking. Could anyone please guide me on how to perform, for example, the PBO 2 Undervolt [-15] settings for ASRock B650 PG Lightning based on this video (I think in the video it's used Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER as seen here):

View: https://youtu.be/FaOYYHNGlLs

JwxhV6D.png

I currently plan to buy ASRock B650 PG Lightning, and I was curious if the mobo would allow me to perform those settings.

I'm asking because I found this reddit thread that says that there are some presets, but I'm not sure if they are talking about PBO presets. I find nothing if I'm searching for "PBO" or "Precision Boost Overdrive" in the PDF below.

Here's the info related to the BIOS for the mobo:
https://download.asrock.com/Manual/Software/AMD B650/Software_BIOS Setup Guide_English.pdf

According to my understanding the BIOS for this mobo allows for manually tweaking the values for the CPU and other parts that can be tweaked, not only using presets, right?

I'm planning to use this setup:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
MOBO: ASRock B650 PG Lightning
PSU: Corsair RM550x
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 6600 PULSE
RAM: Kingston FURY Beast 64GB DDR5 6000MHz CL30
COOLER: Phantom Spirit 120
STORAGE 1: Kingston FURY Renegade
STORAGE 2: Kingston KC600
CASE: Corsair 4000D AIRFLOW

Thank you!

Now a days its just not worth manually overclocking unless you're trying to get every last ounce of performance out of the chip.

Not all motherboards and cpu's overclock the same, so what settings work for one do not work for others. You also have to be willing to replace parts if you fry something, if not then just leave it stock.

My first go around on overclocking was on an I7 950 with an Asus rampage 3 extreme motherboard. After 3 weeks i ended up frying the board...$300 down the drain, but i learned my lesson. Second board i was able to take that i7 950 from 3.06GHz to 4.9Ghz under water cooling. That was a mighty big lesson to learn back in 2009 but i was willing to play the game and payed the price for it.

The last 5 years or so have not been kind to Overclocking as the CPU's manage themselves and do almost as good a job as mild overclock.

Reactions: timeToSleepNow