[SOLVED] Noob overclocking 9900k

Mar 6, 2020
With a Asus Maximus Hero, NH-D15 I’ve overclocked my 9900K to 49MHz all cores @ 1.285v, LLC-5, Cache Ratio-43. I tested thermals with Prime95 Small FFT AVX disabled, and Aida64 Stress FPU, both 15min max temp 72c. I’ve run Realbench Stress Test (16GB RAM) and Prime95 Blender (AVX Disabled) for 2 hours each with no issues. What would be my next move, should I continue with longer stability tests, go for a higher clock, or try and optimize this one? I’m new to this so any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks!

Solution
Play a game. See where your temps stand. If you want to try 5.0GHz, and gaming temps are good enough, go for it. Just save that OC to a profile first, so you can return to it if temps are too much gaming.

You are a better judge of what's ok and what isn't, we can only advise if things aren't OK and even then you may disagree.

Good luck either way 🍀👍

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Play a game. See where your temps stand. If you want to try 5.0GHz, and gaming temps are good enough, go for it. Just save that OC to a profile first, so you can return to it if temps are too much gaming.

You are a better judge of what's ok and what isn't, we can only advise if things aren't OK and even then you may disagree.

Good luck either way 🍀👍

Solution