Question Noob PC builder, PC wont power on. Need Help.

Jan 10, 2020
Hi, I was tinkering with my pc because I needed to change mye psu because my last one broke. After this the pc did turn on and I only needed to relocate some cables to make the cabinet sides fit on. After this the pc wont turn on. I have checked all the cables and nothing is different from when it worked. The psu has power and so does the motherboard...… please help

Pc specs:
Intel Core i7-6700k 4,6 Ghz 1.35 Vcore - 4 Core / 8 Threads
Asus Geforce GTX 1070
Samsung SSD 950 Pro 256GB
Seagate HDD 1 TB
Crucial DDR4 Ballistix Sport 16GB 2400 MHz
MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING 3X, Socket-1151
Phanteks Eclipse P400S
Corsair Hydro Series H75 CPU cooler
Corsair 750W PSU
Asus PCE-AC55BT
AC1200 nettverkskort
Windows OEM 10 Pro

JoBalz

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2014
Hi, I was tinkering with my pc because I needed to change mye psu because my last one broke. After this the pc did turn on and I only needed to relocate some cables to make the cabinet sides fit on. After this the pc wont turn on. I have checked all the cables and nothing is different from when it worked. The psu has power and so does the motherboard...… please help

OK, so after installing the PSU and before doing cable management, the system would power up, but after cable management it would not power up. I'm assuming this was after the side panel was replaced? Is the PSU modular? Did you have to unplug any of the cables to do the cable management? If everything is plugged in to the correct sockets and the cables are seated properly, offhand I'm wondering if somehow in the process of cable management a wire in a cable was damaged or came loose from a plug. Also a remote possibility that in unplugging/re-plugging the cables, a socket could have somehow been damaged or it's connection to the motherboard cracked or broke if motherboard happened to flex. BTW, was this in an ATX/mATX case or an ITX case (the latter, my experience has been that cable management is much harder and can place stresses on cables and sockets if side panels are pressing on them.