Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
Hello, this is my system:
Intel i5 6500
Powercolor r9 380x Myst Edition
Gigabyte H110M-A
Thermaltake Smart Series 600w
G-Skill 8gb 2400Mhz ram

The system works perfectly without the GFX card installed, but when I put it in, it does not boot. No beeps, no signal on the monitor. All of the fans spin, including the ones on the card but it does not turn on. I know the card is seated correctly and have all of the correct pins connected, so I don't know why it wouldn't be working. All of the parts are new from newegg.

Solution
if it a bios setting issue. look for these two settings. primany display if it set tot auto or ipgpu set it tot peg to turn on the new gpu first. then under muilt monitor support turn it off to turn off the ipgpu.

psychodegu

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
My only thought is that either the slot on the motherboard is bad or the card is bad. If you have another slot on the board try using that one. If you have another access to another try that to see if it works.

Longboy

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016

The monitor came with a HDMI cable, so I plugged that into the back of the card.

Occasionally you will find a motherboard that will use its built-in graphics adapter as the default, even if a standalone card is installed, unless you disable the built-in graphics in the BIOS. This used to happen all the time, but over the last several years they've gotten a lot better about auto-detecting the right setting. Still worth checking, though.

Does your monitor work while connected directly to the motherboard, while the standalone card is also installed? If so, that's a dead giveaway of the problem above.

Longboy

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016

Yes the monitor works, but receives no signal.

That's probably not the issue, then. The fact that it is giving no signal with the card in but the monitor connected directly to the motherboard shows that it is correctly identifying there's a video card and it's turning off the onboard graphics.

If the system is powering up and staying on (as opposed to powering on and then right back off), then power is probably not the issue ... that is not a good PSU and the card does pull a lot of watts, but at startup that should not be much of a problem, as the card is basically at idle.

It would be a good idea to test with 1) a different card in the same machine; 2) Your r9 380x in a different machine, and see which one of them works.

Oh yeah - and one other thing if possible before any of that ... try connecting the monitor to the card with a DVI cable instead of HDMI and see what happens. Occasionally when connecting with HDMI, you get a screen/source pairing that won't work because of a handshake issue or some such nonsense between the two devices, so the monitor is not recognized automatically (this happens all the time on my older-generation HDTV, though usually fixed by turning the TV off and back on). DVI does not have the same problem. So try that and see if it gets you anywhere.