Question Noob question related to chassis fan pins and B450-F gaming MOBO - 3 Pin installation vs 4 pin connectors

Dec 26, 2020
Hi,
So i'm not that familiar with hardware installation and i forgot to take a picture of my PC's ASUS ROG Strix b450-f mobo before unplugging a few things to allow me to put in a 2 TB hard drive. I forgot where a few things were meant to go but reverse engineered all of them by looking up the cable ends in conjunction with the motherboard manual.
My only question is: if i have a 3 pin fan via a cooler master cooler, Does it matter where in the four prongs do i put the connector on this motherboard? Ie if the there are four prongs, do I want to put this starting from the left? Or towards the right? I've assumed its just starting from the left but want to be sure. Would love input.

Attempt at a visualization is below
IIII IIII
III III
Here? or here? If you don't know the answer to this question specifically can you perhaps forward me some information you might know about? I can't seem to find anything about this in the MOBO manual presumably because it envisions a 4 pin fan chasis.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Dec 26, 2020
I've reviewed the manual for this and it seems the ground is on the left side of the prongs. Fan Power is next and fan 'in' comes after. the fourth prong controls "CHA FAN PWM." I'm taking a wild guess here but i'm assuming this thing needs to be grounded and thus should be put in "left to right"