NOOB Watercooling Setup

Enderstream

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
Hi Tom's People's.

So i am soon going to fully watercool my PC for the first time.

Here are the Specs of my Rig before we start :D

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K
Cooler: Swiftech H220 X2 AIO CPU Liquid Cooling System
Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming Motherboard
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LED (2x8GB)
GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 Founders Edition
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Gold 650W
Case: Define Nano S Mini ITX

I am soon selling my Swiftech H220 X2, And am going to a full loop. I am hoping to cool the CPU, And the GPU in the same Loop, Most likely with a 240MM Radiator and if needed another 120MM Radiator on the Exhaust.

Firstly i am in Australia, and am probably (Most likely) Purchasing from PCCASEGEAR
----Link (https://www.pccasegear.com)

My budget is roughly $450 AUD.

PCCASEGEAR has a few watercooling kits, Such as this-
---Link (https://www.pccasegear.com/products/35549/ek-kit-s240-liquid-cooling-kit)

This kit is what i was going to use, And then purchase the GPU Block, Although honestly i have absolutely no idea which cooling parts to buy,

If someone could please make a cart of the parts i would need, It would be great and i will purchase them tomorrow, i will also be posting my final results on PCPARTPICKER.

Thankyou.

I am aware that the tubing in the EKWB kit is pre-cut to the required lengths and therefore doesn't leave enough left over for the additional GPU block and second radiator. However, the lengths they are cut to are for large E-ATX cases. Since you're building in a mini ITX case, you should be able to shorten the tubes between the CPU block and radiator, and then again between the CPU block and the pump. With the extra tubing you were able to remove from the CPU block, you should have enough to connect the GPU block and second radiator to the rest of the loop.

Needless to say, do the mixing in a clean container and avoid adding bodily fluids like sweat or tears. I say this because the smell of the concentrate is rather potent, it made me tear up rather quickly. You just need to make sure that none of your tears end up in the coolant.

I also did a stupid... I forgot to include a Biocide. You'll want PT Nuke to keep algae and other organisms from growing in your loop. Not only would it look ugly to have algae in clear tubing, but it will clog the radiators and waterblocks if it's not dealt with in a timely manner.

Add the biocide to the water before you add the concentrated coolant. You can use the same container.

Also, I cannot stress enough how important it is to used pure water. Water from the faucet is not good enough because it has preservatives in it like chlorine and other chemicals that could corrode your loop. When you have copper and nickel in the same loop, any impurities in the loop could cause the metal to corrode over time. I don't think you want your waterblocks and radiators to corrode inside. I know I wouldn't. I take pride in my loop looking just as good as it works, and it works very well.