Nook Tablet - amazingly cheap, but the glass feels horrible! Any way to improve it?

BrandX

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
I would guess not, but I had to ask just in case. I bought a 9" Nook HD, and for £50 (UK) it's cheap as chips and probably more reliable than generic tablets, but the one thing I hate about it is the type of glass used.

I'm used to the super-smooth surface of a Samsung Galaxy, so the feel of the Nook was an unpleasant surprise - I hadn't even considered that it might feel different, or that it would matter so much.

Solution
Have you ever felt the screen protectors that are tempered glass? If they make one for your tablet, this maybe a good option for you.
The Nook HD is a 7" device. The Nook HD+ is the 9" device. That'll be important if you're buying screen accessories for it.

I got a plastic screen protector for my HD+. Gave it a slightly softer feel, while not sticking as much to my finger. It's still not as slick as coated glass, but I actually prefer a little resistance on the touchscreen. As Mr5oh says, there are companies which make tempered glass screen protectors as well. The Nook HD+ wasn't exactly a high-volume product, so it may be difficult finding one which fits.

BrandX

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013

Sounds like a good idea! I've ordered a set of screen protectors from eBay. Thankyou. :)