S1nFuL_

Prominent
Sep 2, 2021
Hi Fellow PC Enthusiasts

Recently I bought a new AIO for my PC Build, it's an NZXT Kraken X73

When my PC is running a few programs e.g. Dashlane, Chrome, NZXT Cam, etc. and Windows (obviously), my temps tend to go around 41 ~ 46 degrees Celsius.
When I run a full CPU benchmark with CPU-Z (100% usage in Task Manager), temps tend to go between
63 ~ 67 degrees Celsius.

I have an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X.

Are these normal temperatures for my AIO?

I expected lower temperatures, but maybe these are completely normal temps for my CPU regarding its TDP.
Can someone advise me to regard the temperatures?

I'm basing myself on the temperatures that AMD Ryzen master is giving me.

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Ian

Solution
Hi Lutfij

Thanks for welcoming me.
Regarding your question, please find the relevant information below.

MB: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
BIOS Version: 3.50
Chassis: Coolermaster H500M
Airflow: 2x 200 mm Front fans for the intake, 1x 140 mm fan for the out-take + 3x 120 mm fans from my X73 AIO on the top of the case for out-take as well. The exact make and models of the fans, I don't know, honestly. Maybe there is some info regarding it somewhere?
The ambient temperature measured currently is 22.7 Celsius degrees at our home thermometer.
Cinebench R23 gives me between 55 ~ 61 degrees Celsius when running the benchmark from there.

For gaming, I need to test a bit more, I haven't paid attention to it really as there were no real issues...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for said motherboard? Make and model of your chassis? Case airflow orientation and make and models of fans used? Ambient room air temps? What sort of temps do you see with gaming and or other benchmarks? To me those temps seem, normal. You can use HWMonitor to corroborate your temp finding on Ryzen Master.

Reactions: S1nFuL_
Hi Fellow PC Enthusiasts

Recently I bought a new AIO for my PC Build, it's an NZXT Kraken X73

When my PC is running a few programs e.g. Dashlane, Chrome, NZXT Cam, etc. and Windows (obviously), my temps tend to go around 41 ~ 46 degrees Celsius.
When I run a full CPU benchmark with CPU-Z (100% usage in Task Manager), temps tend to go between
63 ~ 67 degrees Celsius.

I have an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X.

Are these normal temperatures for my AIO?

I expected lower temperatures, but maybe these are completely normal temps for my CPU regarding its TDP.
Can someone advise me to regard the temperatures?

I'm basing myself on the temperatures that AMD Ryzen master is giving me.

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Ian
Those maximum temps are more than fine, For idle temps, although "Idle" is pretty stretchable (true idle should be at about 1% CPU usage or less) if possible pump should run at full speed all the time.

S1nFuL_

Prominent
Sep 2, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for said motherboard? Make and model of your chassis? Case airflow orientation and make and models of fans used? Ambient room air temps? What sort of temps do you see with gaming and or other benchmarks? To me those temps seem, normal. You can use HWMonitor to corroborate your temp finding on Ryzen Master.

Hi Lutfij

Thanks for welcoming me.

Airflow: 2x 200 mm Front fans for the intake, 1x 140 mm fan for the out-take + 3x 120 mm fans from my X73 AIO on the top of the case for out-take as well. The exact make and models of the fans, I don't know, honestly. Maybe there is some info regarding it somewhere?
The ambient temperature measured currently is 22.7 Celsius degrees at our home thermometer.
Cinebench R23 gives me between 55 ~ 61 degrees Celsius when running the benchmark from there.

For gaming, I need to test a bit more, I haven't paid attention to it really as there were no real issues e.g. throttling, failures, etc.
I will install HWMonitor later this day and see what this measures for my CPU's temperature.

Quick sidenote: I noticed the measured temperatures from my NZXT Cam and Ryzen Master have quite a big offset, is there any explanation for this perhaps?
E.g. Ryzen Master says my CPU is currently 40 degrees, while NZXT Cam says it is 51 degrees. I'm not sure why they have such a big difference.

Regards

Ian

Hi Lutfij

Thanks for welcoming me.

For gaming, I need to test a bit more, I haven't paid attention to it really as there were no real issues e.g. throttling, failures, etc.
I will install HWMonitor later this day and see what this measures for my CPU's temperature.

Quick sidenote: I noticed the measured temperatures from my NZXT Cam and Ryzen Master have quite a big offset, is there any explanation for this perhaps?
E.g. Ryzen Master says my CPU is currently 40 degrees, while NZXT Cam says it is 51 degrees. I'm not sure why they have such a big difference.

Regards

Ian
Although Ryzen doesn't report temps for individual cores they are used internally for algorithms which govern core performance/frequency and boost frequency. If for instance one core gets hot it switches load to another one.
Ryzen Master report effective temperature a if it was single core CPU. Those temps are most usable by user. Other programs may reference other of two temp sensors. One is for group of cores (chiplet) and other one for whole package. Ther are couple of other sensors in CPU and MB and you can see them all in HFinfo program for instance
But as I said, Ryzen Master temps are most important as that value is used to determine boost.
One other thing, most boost is achieved with those temps under 70c, for every degree over that, boost looses about 100MHz.

Solution

S1nFuL_

Prominent
Sep 2, 2021
Although Ryzen doesn't report temps for individual cores they are used internally for algorithms which govern core performance/frequency and boost frequency. If for instance one core gets hot it switches load to another one.
Ryzen Master report effective temperature a if it was single core CPU. Those temps are most usable by user. Other programs may reference other of two temp sensors. One is for group of cores (chiplet) and other one for whole package. Ther are couple of other sensors in CPU and MB and you can see them all in HFinfo program for instance
But as I said, Ryzen Master temps are most important as that value is used to determine boost.
One other thing, most boost is achieved with those temps under 70c, for every degree over that, boost looses about 100MHz.

Hi CountMike,

Thanks for the answer and clarification.
I checked out my temperatures with HwInfo64 and this is what I get when my CPU is running at 2 ~ 3%

kFE0TiJ.png

When I stress test my CPU to 100%, I get around these temperatures

View: https://imgur.com/FdQlBni

I think those are quite alright, but can you please confirm this once more?

I never really get over 70 degrees Celsius, unless I put a full stress test on my CPU (according to Ryzen master then. Not HwInfo64, which reports a maximum of 68 degrees).

Anyway, based on what I understand from your explanation, Ryzen master is my main point of focus to determine any issues as this takes all optimization in account already. Which you mentioned above.
HwInfo64 on the other hand is useful to measure extra details from my CPU such as the temperature per core, and other statistics (which are a bit vague to me right now, so I'll read into them later.)

Please correct me if I have misunderstood.

My technical knowledge is quite alright I think, but when we got deep dive, things sometimes get a bit complicated to me 😁

Anyhow, thanks for your time already to explain some things!

Regards

Ian

Hi CountMike,

Thanks for the answer and clarification.
I checked out my temperatures with HwInfo64 and this is what I get when my CPU is running at 2 ~ 3%

kFE0TiJ.png

When I stress test my CPU to 100%, I get around these temperatures

View: https://imgur.com/FdQlBni

I think those are quite alright, but can you please confirm this once more?

I never really get over 70 degrees Celsius, unless I put a full stress test on my CPU (according to Ryzen master then. Not HwInfo64, which reports a maximum of 68 degrees).

Anyway, based on what I understand from your explanation, Ryzen master is my main point of focus to determine any issues as this takes all optimization in account already. Which you mentioned above.
HwInfo64 on the other hand is useful to measure extra details from my CPU such as the temperature per core, and other statistics (which are a bit vague to me right now, so I'll read into them later.)

Please correct me if I have misunderstood.

My technical knowledge is quite alright I think, but when we got deep dive, things sometimes get a bit complicated to me 😁

Anyhow, thanks for your time already to explain some things!

Regards

Ian
Yes, Ryzen Master is one of programs that show temperatures that matter the most, Ryzen CPU itself has own algorithms to adjust voltages and load according to each core's temperatures and loads.
HWinfo shows more details but RM is more graphical in Advanced Mode.

S1nFuL_

Prominent
Sep 2, 2021
PS: Anyone has some experience with this tool and its accuracy?

Used to use this tool quite a lot for referencing, but I'm not sure how accurate it is.