[SOLVED] normal for I7 9700k temp jumps up and down?

May 2, 2020
It will change temp in secs, is this normal? It seems to jump around a lot more than my GPU. I have my cooler on max.
Idle 40 -45-50-55
Gaming 55-60-65

Solution
65C peak gaming temps would be quite normal for stock operation given a fairly decent decent air cooler, i.e., MCE disabled, with all core turbos of 4.6 GHz or so.... (I'd expect temps to be higher, pushing 68-69C,in Prime95/snall FFTs(no AVX/AVX2)
65C peak gaming temps would be quite normal for stock operation given a fairly decent decent air cooler, i.e., MCE disabled, with all core turbos of 4.6 GHz or so.... (I'd expect temps to be higher, pushing 68-69C,in Prime95/snall FFTs(no AVX/AVX2)

Solution
May 2, 2020
Is it normal for the I7 9700K to jump up and down quickly?

yes....as load varies, clock speed does as well....

During heavy gaming loads, I'd expect sustained turbos of 4.6 GHz, although this might require power limits/duration limits to be removed to avoid factory spec of spinning back down to lower clock speed after 30-60 seconds or so.....

May 2, 2020
yes....as load varies, clock speed does as well....

During heavy gaming loads, I'd expect sustained turbos of 4.6 GHz, although this might require power limits/duration limits to be removed to avoid factory spec of spinning back down to lower clock speed after 30-60 seconds or so.....
How come GPU temps don't spike up and down as quickly?