[SOLVED] Normal Graphics card temperature?

iceson

Reputable
Mar 9, 2019
Hi,

I've bought a Colorful GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER NB 6G-V Battle-AX this year in February.
Was wondering if my temps and fan speed were normal with an ambient temperature of ~30c+ (Indonesia)

Under full load it reaches 80-83c with a fan RPM of ~3.4k and sits at 37-45 idle with fans running at 1500-1800RPM.

i have not overclocked it or touched the clock speed in anyway.

Should i be concerned about the life span of the gpu?

Thanks,

Solution
Is this it?
https://en.colorful.cn/product_show.aspx?mid=102&id=1789

That's getting a little too hot. The default thermal throttle limit for the 1660 Super is 83C.
If it weren't going over 81C, then that would be acceptable.

Hmm, even though it's a dual fan model, one would think it'd manage a little better than that...
Maybe it needs a repaste?
Perhaps chassis airflow is poor?
Then again, I'm puzzled by the choice of the horizontal finstack of the heatsink.
Normally, the finstack is vertical on a model like this - that way, the heat is guided right out the sides of the gpu.
But here, the heated air is guided towards the front and back instead; perhaps taking longer for said air to leave the gpu? :unsure:

I can't really...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Is this it?

That's getting a little too hot. The default thermal throttle limit for the 1660 Super is 83C.

Hmm, even though it's a dual fan model, one would think it'd manage a little better than that...
Then again, I'm puzzled by the choice of the horizontal finstack of the heatsink.
Normally, the finstack is vertical on a model like this - that way, the heat is guided right out the sides of the gpu.
But here, the heated air is guided towards the front and back instead; perhaps taking longer for said air to leave the gpu? :unsure:

I can't really comment on the fans. Different models come with different fans, and quality is usually price segmented.
The cheaper models tend to come with faster and louder fans.

Reactions: iceson
Solution

iceson

Reputable
Mar 9, 2019
Is this it?

I can't really comment on the fans. Different models come with different fans, and quality is usually price segmented.
The cheaper models tend to come with faster and louder fans.

yes thats the gpu.

i don't have any fan attached to my case,thanks for pointing out "air flow"
im going to replace my case and add some fans to it.