[SOLVED] Normal idle R9 3900x temps on Z73 Kraken?

Sep 26, 2019
Hello everyone! I just wanted to ask what you guys thought about my temps on idle (leaving on desktop/ youtube) I'm not sure if it's supposed to be around 45c to 50c. My motherboard is the x570 aorus master. I have updated to latest bios and chipset drivers. Cool n quiet enabled in bios too. I don't have PBO enabled. I have the amd balanced power plan.

Is this normal temps for 360 AIOs? Sorry I'm kinda new at this.

Sep 26, 2019
You need to provide more information than that... the more we have to work with, the better.
Full PC specs?
mobo: x570 aorus master
cpu: r9 3900x
ram: g skill 3600mhz cl 16 (using xmp profile)
cooler: z73 kraken
psu: gigabyte b700h
gpu: 1060 6gb (will upgrade)
case: lan cool II

replaced stock nzxt fans w/ noctua nf f12s

let me know if there's anything missing

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
6 fans including the radiator... how are they set up(intake v exhaust)?
open-grille.png

Hello everyone! I just wanted to ask what you guys thought about my temps on idle (leaving on desktop/ youtube) I'm not sure if it's supposed to be around 45c to 50c. My motherboard is the x570 aorus master. I have updated to latest bios and chipset drivers. Cool n quiet enabled in bios too. I don't have PBO enabled. I have the amd balanced power plan.

Is this normal temps for 360 AIOs? Sorry I'm kinda new at this.

Hi,

one thing is to leave the PC alone, nothing runing but usual Windows background tasks + maybe a browser + AV, etc (not touching the mouse or keyboard) = idle.
And a diferent thing is to leave everything alone while watching a youtube video.

Where do you get your temps reading ?
Have you tried with Ryzen Master or hwinfo64 (Sensors only)?
What about vcore, how much at idle, how much at load?
What are your temps at load, runing games, working , rendering, etc?

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2019
6 fans including the radiator... how are they set up(intake v exhaust)?
open-grille.png
I've initially had it w/ a pull configuration since I wanted the fans to have as much space from the front panel. I now have them pushing air into the radiator out to the back of the case.

I have a question though. Task manager says cpu is running at 4.1ghz but nzxt cam says its fluctuating from 4.3 to 4.5 ghz, so idk what's up