[SOLVED] Normal Temp range for 2080Ti? I think mine is to hot.

kuzeraj

Commendable
Nov 28, 2017
I have been playing the new Call Of Duty on my expensive rig and after playing for like 5 hours my average temp is around 82C. Which I thought was pretty high, it is a blower card though. I have the nzxt 210i I think something similar to that with one rear fan and front mounted AIO water cooler for CPU. Here is a picture below. Is this to hot? I dont want to loss performance, I have extra fans but I cant find anywhere to fit them. Any tips?
IMG_20191030_151206.jpg

Solution
82C is still fine for the card. Over 85C wouldn't be good though.
The card throttles at 90C.

Not much you can do about the gpu temps; your case isn't ideal for running high end, high power draw, PC hardware... and still stay reasonably cool.
Rear and top-rear exhaust + 2x front intake is the best you can do with the fan setup in that case.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

Not much you can do about the gpu temps; your case isn't ideal for running high end, high power draw, PC hardware... and still stay reasonably cool.
Rear and top-rear exhaust + 2x front intake is the best you can do with the fan setup in that case.

Solution

kuzeraj

Commendable
Nov 28, 2017

Should I get a better case? I dont want to ruin my parts just over a bad case?

kuzeraj

Commendable
Nov 28, 2017
Your gpu is still fine. I suppose your cpu is also fine?
No real need to replace that case yet... but with the gpu running that warm, I'd imagine the blower fan is rather audible...

In order to see better temps, you're going to want a more airflow friendly case.
I have a water cooled cpu i9-9900k and my GPU is the FTW3. I just dont want to ruin either of them. My CPU runs at around 46C while playing.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The FTW 3 is not a blower card. Yours is running warm due to the fact the fans are sucking against the bottom of the case.
Good point.
I couldn't see that, because the image was broken on my end. I saw blower in one of the earlier posts, so assumed it was a blower model.

@kuzeraj While blowers do generally run warmer than the other fan cooled models, they are better suited for tight spaces, and one would probably run cooler than your current card.