north bridge 93C

Apr 7, 2018
uhm i have a problem i think.
i have a Msi 970a sli krait edition MD but the northbridge is at 93 C and i think that is way to much can anyone help me if this is normal or not?

i am using CPUID HWMonitor to see how hot it is

Solution
It's hot. From what I found the 970a chipset is rated up to 95c. Also it looks like that board is known for this issue. May want to try rigging up a fan so it blows air down onto the northbridge area. Or try replacing the thermal paste under the northbridge heatsink.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
It's hot. From what I found the 970a chipset is rated up to 95c. Also it looks like that board is known for this issue. May want to try rigging up a fan so it blows air down onto the northbridge area. Or try replacing the thermal paste under the northbridge heatsink.

Solution
Apr 7, 2018

Hi i have another question do you know if i can underclock the northbrigde so it doesn't get so hot?
And with what program

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

You would do that in your motherboards BIOS. To lower northbridge temps you will need to decrease NB CPU voltage, which may require you to lower NB frequency as well to keep stability. I never lowered NB frequency below stock on my old AM3+ system so I am not really sure what this will do, may introduce instability and possibly hurt performance.

TRENDING THREADS