norton AV question

dmb

I recently installed Norton Antivirus 2005. With the previous version,
2002, Live Update created a task in Task Scheduler to check for an internet
connection and new virus definitions every 10 minutes. With the 2005
version, that task is set to run every 4 hours. That is no doubt just fine
for folks with high-speed always-on connections, but for dialup, if you
don't happen to be online during one of those "netdetect" occurences every
four hours, you don't get a virus definition update. I managed to get 2
weeks behind recently. I figured I could just modify the Task Scheduler
settings to make it, say, 15 minutes, but within a day or so, Norton seems
to reset it back to 4 hours.

Any ideas?

Can you click "Live Update" when you are on line? (This is a feature of
System Works and I would expect the same on one of it's component parts.)

"DMB" <nospamplease@starpower.net> wrote in message
>I recently installed Norton Antivirus 2005. With the previous version,
> 2002, Live Update created a task in Task Scheduler to check for an
> internet
> connection and new virus definitions every 10 minutes. With the 2005
> version, that task is set to run every 4 hours. That is no doubt just
> fine
> for folks with high-speed always-on connections, but for dialup, if you
> don't happen to be online during one of those "netdetect" occurences every
> four hours, you don't get a virus definition update. I managed to get 2
> weeks behind recently. I figured I could just modify the Task Scheduler
> settings to make it, say, 15 minutes, but within a day or so, Norton seems
> to reset it back to 4 hours.
>
> Any ideas?

dmb

Tom,

Yes, I can do that. I was just wondering if there were a way to make it
automatic like it used to be. But I may have to go the manual route, I
guess.

DB