Norton Ghost ??

bighead111

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Hi All,

Anybody here is familar with Norton Ghost v6? Could you please show me how to make image file for one application?? I am abit dim, so can work it out!!

G

I dunno for Ghost v6, but for other versions you run it from a DOS command line. There's a GUI that allows you to image a disk or partition to file on another disk or mapped network drive, or to write from an image onto a local hard drive.

That's really about it. I wouldn't suggest buying it before you use a demo or trial version. Dunno if Ghost has a trial, but there's a prog called ImageCast IC3 that is very similar. They have a fully functional demo that you can d/l. I'd do that instead of buying a $60 ghost license.

http://www.ics-iq.com/downloads.cfm

mr

G

Well I use Norton Ghost, but I have not seen any options to Ghost a particular application. Ghost images an entire drive or partition on a hard disk. The image is basically an archive of all files contained on the partition or drive. In Norton Ghost 6, you have the option within Windows to explore your already created IMAGE file created with GHOST, and can delete files from the image, or add files to the image, but not make an IMAGE of just one particular application. If this was not what you meant, can you please give more detail..