[SOLVED] Norton remote access

Mar 17, 2020
My password vault is not working correctly and I called Norton to get it fixed and they asked if they could access my computer remotely. I asked if they could just walk me through it and they put me on hold and came back and said that they would need to access my computer. I refused and that was the end of that.
Should I allow them to access my computer, and is that safe ?

Mar 17, 2020
You are welcome. Please follow-up to share the outcome of Norton's assistance. Good luck.
I will follow up. However, now Im curious as to why the phone number I was given via the supplied link (that Ive never used before) is different from that of the one Ivev always had. I filled out the required info from the link so that it would display a number and it responded with 1-833-Norton1 (1-833-667-8661)...interesting. I guess they have different numbers based on how you answer their input question, of the particular Norton product in question.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I will follow up. However, now Im curious as to why the phone number I was given via the supplied link (that Ive never used before) is different from that of the one Ivev always had. I filled out the required info from the link so that it would display a number and it responded with 1-833-Norton1 (1-833-667-8661)...interesting. I guess they have different numbers based on how you answer their input question, of the particular Norton product in question.
Agreed. Using the official Norton site to contact them should be safe.

Mar 17, 2020
Well I figured out most of my problem, which is a miracle. I un-selected the check box in firefox settings-options-privacy and security, that said "never remember my history" and then it started to work, but now Im having trouble keeping my password vault signed in all the time. At least I was able to generate a few passwords, and change them for 3 different sites thus far. Im not very computer savvy so this is a challenging learning curve for me.
Thanks again for the help.

ankit213506

Great
Feb 24, 2020
Norton is very secure. You can trust on them. I have also given remote access to the Norton team to fix the issues. You can give them access, otherwise, you have to resolve that with your side.

Mar 17, 2020
Norton is very secure. You can trust on them. I have also given remote access to the Norton team to fix the issues. You can give them access, otherwise, you have to resolve that with your side.
I understand and thanks. Ive been warned in years past that some of Nortons help is outsourced to other countries networks that might not be as trustworthy as ours due to foreign legalities and the ability to prosecute possible theft. But I guess I cant always believe what I hear. After all, Ive had them for many years without issue for the most part, but Im learly about remote access due to being uneducated in this field. Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS