Question Not a huge fan of the Zephyrus 14 I purchased, likely to return. Looking for some help with my next decision.

dolokhov

Distinguished
May 20, 2012
So I purchased this laptop when it was on sale for $1100 CAD. It came in the mail today and right away I don't love it - thick bezels, light bleed from the the LEDs under the keyboard, strange position of power cord. I can return it no cost, so I think I will.

Hopefully you guys can help me with my next purchase decision.

1. What is your budget? $1300-1500 CAD

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Open to any, but strong preference for Number Pad/Full Keyboard so likely 15.5+

3. What screen resolution do you want? I am okay with FHD, as long as the screen quality is good.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Both - will be mainly using docked with 4k monitor, but do move it around as well.

5. How much battery life do you need? Not too important.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? No.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Mainly Excel, word processing, etc. If it has a dedicated GPU, great, but not a priority.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? No preference, as long as it's SSD.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. No preference.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3-5 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? None.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. No preference.

13. What country do you live in? Canada.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. Only 3 major concerns are number pad, able to hook up and run a 32" 4K 60hz monitor, and a nice screen. I much prefer thin bezels but not a deal breaker. I also really like Fingerprint or IR Camera for easy login.