[SOLVED] Not a newbie, but very confused, please help

Jan 15, 2019
Ok really need some help, I'm starting my first pc build will be built around a rtx 2080 ti, have not decided on CPU yet, thinking 32 GB ram at 3200 mhz.
Now for the dilemma not sure on monitor the more I look into it the more I'm confused let me list the games I'll be playing shooters; BF, COD, Insurgency, R6S. RPG; Skyrim, some others. Racing; PC2, AC, and will be playing both in VR occassionally as well as ACC, JNPG on monitor and occasionally on 1080p projector and 10' screen can use laptop for that if needed. I'm just so lost on the monitor side between framerates or resolution please help dont want to go over 1000 for monitor/s TIA. Also will be interested in overclocking CPU, and GPU sometime.

Solution
For me if you're going with a 2080 ti I'd also go for at least the same resolution and rate as above. CPU wise I'd go for a i7-9700k. You could go for a i9-9900k but I don't really see (with the games you play) the massive benefit you'll get for the big upturn in cost.

drawingpin

Reputable
Dec 5, 2016
For me if you're going with a 2080 ti I'd also go for at least the same resolution and rate as above. CPU wise I'd go for a i7-9700k. You could go for a i9-9900k but I don't really see (with the games you play) the massive benefit you'll get for the big upturn in cost.

Solution