[SOLVED] Not a single thing will turn on ( 1 exception)

Gio7952

Prominent
Sep 10, 2019
Hello all,

As the title says, i built my first pc but nothing will turn on. I just sort of plugged in connectors in the plugs that matched on the motherboard and truthfully I wasnt expecting that nothing would turn on. The only exception is that the rgb lights on my mobo that are just for effect come on so im assuming theres power going to the board. And just to be clear its not the troubleshooting lights that come on, just the for show rgb on the top left. My fans and front port usb connectors also dont provide power.

Build:
- Intel Core i7-9700K Desktop Processor 8 Core Unlcoked
  • EVGA Geoforce RTX 2070 Super xc
  • G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit
  • Asus ROG STRIX Z390- E Gaming Motherboard
  • Corsair RM 850x Power Supply Fully Modular
  • MASTERLIQUID ML120L RGB Cooler (Cooler Master)
  • Cooler Master MB530P Case

and i should also mention that for the tiny 2 pin connectors that go on the bottom right of my mobo, I only have a HDD LED conector and a PWR SW connector but theres many more pins so i dont know if im missing any specific connectors.

Hopefully someone can help. IF anyone wants pictures of something please let me know

Solution
Do you happen to know whats up with those small 2 pin connectors? I only have 2 which doesn't seem correct and if I'm getting a light on the mobo doesn't that mean there is already power?
The only one you need is the power switch. The others are just a kill switch, speaker and activity lights.

20pin_panel_lo.png

Gio7952

Prominent
Sep 10, 2019
It seems you prefer to build a system without bothering to read the downloadable manual.
Just sort of plugging in connectors in the plugs that matched on the motherboard and then asking about those small 2 pin connectors then a light on the mobo are all in the manual.

Haha considering my line of work I probably should read the manual more. Turned out I had some stuff orientated wrong. But I guess while I have your attention I'll ask , is there any benefit of molex cables? or am I better off trying to connect everything straight on the mobo . I see some people like them and some don't