Not a Sticky: How to NOT Upgrade to Windows 10

KublaiKhan

Distinguished
May 24, 2015
I'm not going to bash 10, even if it carries part of 8 with it. This isn't that kind of thread at all.

But I'm not going to upgrade my Windows 7 PC to it, ever. Will. Not. Happen.

Ever.

When I get another PC, It will use Windows 10. Until such time, I would rather not be bothered. EVER. I'd really like it if the pop-ups just stopped and never came back.

I remember deleting three updates a while back, and that ended the harassment for a while. But new reminders started popping up recently, maybe a week or so ago.

It's already getting old.

Seriously, are they going to do this for all eternity?—because that might very well piss me off enough to switch to Apple or Linux.

Solution
Just go to windows update, find the kb3035583 update and uninstall it. Next time the update shows up in windows update go and hide it. Done.

Just for your information though, Apple's worse. You literally can't avoid updating if you want security support after 6mo.
Just go to windows update, find the kb3035583 update and uninstall it. Next time the update shows up in windows update go and hide it. Done.

Just for your information though, Apple's worse. You literally can't avoid updating if you want security support after 6mo.

Solution

No, it hasn't come back in any of the half dozen computers I removed that update from. I would guess user error on your part.