Not A Terrible Wearable: Hands On With Intel-Powered SMS Audio’s Biosport Earbuds

Status
Not open for further replies.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
These aren't the first of their kind as far as heart rate monitor and earphone in one. I have the LG FR74 heartrate monitor earbuds. These are bluetooth and connect to an android LG app on my HTC One. I bought them specifically for the heartrate part during my workouts and for that the heart rate monitor works extremely well and it can use the phone's GPS to track your workout. The bad thing is they are insufferably uncomfortable in the ear. The earphones themselves aren't heavy nor do they pop out. The way they fit is sort of a weird over the ear and twist into the ear canal. That keeps them solidly in the ear but after about 30 minutes my ears are burning with pain. To bad really. The sound is also meh at best. I'm just glad I found them dirt cheap but not free. Your earbuds seem wildly overpriced for what they are since the LG bluetooths are pretty much the same price.

kentlowt

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
These look very similar to Bose's sports earphones. I have a heart rate monitor in my watch. What I waiting for are some to measure perspiration and body temp in earphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.