Not able to acces authentication tab wireless networkconne..

Somewhere I found this part of an article
Windows XP Support for IEEE 802.1X
In Windows XP, IEEE 802.1X authentication with the EAP-TLS authentication
type is enabled by default for all LAN-based network adapters. To configure
802.1X authentication settings on a computer running Windows XP with SP1 or
Windows XP with SP2, use the Authentication tab on the properties of a
wireless network, available from the Wireless Networks tab of the properties
of a wireless connection in Network Connections.

The problem is I don't have such a tab. XP does not recognise I have a
wireless device. It is disabled, and I can't switch it on.

Mary

The tab is on your network connection properties--cable? dsl?, not your
wireless device.

"noord453" wrote:

> Somewhere I found this part of an article
> Windows XP Support for IEEE 802.1X
> In Windows XP, IEEE 802.1X authentication with the EAP-TLS authentication
> type is enabled by default for all LAN-based network adapters. To configure
> 802.1X authentication settings on a computer running Windows XP with SP1 or
> Windows XP with SP2, use the Authentication tab on the properties of a
> wireless network, available from the Wireless Networks tab of the properties
> of a wireless connection in Network Connections.
>
> The problem is I don't have such a tab. XP does not recognise I have a
> wireless device. It is disabled, and I can't switch it on.

Mary thank you for your response. The problem is the tab is not on my network
connection properties. So can anyone tell me how to install, become it? I am
not allowed to install SP2.

Gerard

"Mary" wrote:

> The tab is on your network connection properties--cable? dsl?, not your
> wireless device.
>
> "noord453" wrote:
>
> > Somewhere I found this part of an article
> > Windows XP Support for IEEE 802.1X
> > In Windows XP, IEEE 802.1X authentication with the EAP-TLS authentication
> > type is enabled by default for all LAN-based network adapters. To configure
> > 802.1X authentication settings on a computer running Windows XP with SP1 or
> > Windows XP with SP2, use the Authentication tab on the properties of a
> > wireless network, available from the Wireless Networks tab of the properties
> > of a wireless connection in Network Connections.
> >
> > The problem is I don't have such a tab. XP does not recognise I have a
> > wireless device. It is disabled, and I can't switch it on.

The Wireless Configuration service may not be started. This service can be
started from the command line by entering "net start wzcsvc" - no quotes.
The service can also be configured in Computer Management->Services and
Applications->Services->Wireless Configuration service.

newsgroup purposes only.